ec grace ministries
Grace Missionary Baptist Church of East Chicago, Inc. has several ministries available to serve you and your family at every stage of life. There’s something for everyone; we invite you to click on the ministry you're interested in, explore all we are and get connected!
- The Beautification Ministry works to keep the facility dressed with flowers and other decorations. They set up the Christmas tree, signage, and other improvements to make the facility inviting. The ministry includes: Sis. Josephine Manley, Mother Patricia Florence, and Sis. Cynthia Williams.
- Grace Missionary Baptist Church of East Chicago, Inc.shares our blessings with members and others in need. Protocols for application have been established. The Benevolence fund is administered by Sis. Judith Johnson and Sis. Bertha Hutton.
- The Culinary Ministry feeds our bodies after various worship days throughout the year. Sis. Bertha Hutton and Sis. Creva Thomas run the kitchen. While they prepare the food, several members assist them with table settings, serving, and clean up.
Hour of Power
- The Hour of Power is our early morning worship that convenes on 1st and 3rd Sundays from 9:30-10:30 a.m. There is generally a guest preacher. Attendees are invited to remain for the 11:00 worship.
Grace Missionary Baptist Church of East Chicago, Inc. is committed to encouraging the growth of our men through a balanced program of worship, biblical teaching, fellowship, and evangelism.
Mighty Voices of Grace
The Mighty Voices of Grace provide praise and worship and inspirational music on a weekly basis. The officers include: Sis. Lauriel Greenwell, President; Sis. Carolyn Pollard, Vice-President; Mother JoAnn Gary, Secretary; Sis. Rubie Averett, Assistant Secretary; Sis. Bertha Hutton, Treasurer; Minister of Music, Rev. Keith Nelson. They rehearse on Tuesdays at 6:00 p.m.
Mother's Board & Pastor's Wives
- The Mother's Board includes five "seasoned saints" who grace the front of our sanctuary. They assist with preparing the elements for the Lord's Supper on first Sundays. The Mothers also support our Sunday School and are available to provide wisdom to the young women of the church. They include: Mother Evelyn Battle, Mother Patricia Florence, Mother Mary Fluellen, Mother JoAnn Gary, and Mother Margaret Mabins.
- The Pastor's Wives also grace the front of the santuary and assist with preparing the elements for the Lord's Supper on first Sundays. They include: Sis. Judith Johnson and Sis. Terri Smith.
Nurses at Grace are on the job at every worship. They minister to our Pastor and pulpit attendants as needed. Our nurses provide tissue and comfort by request and observance as well as handling altar cloths. The Nurses Guild Staff include: Sis. Lorrece Ghant, Sis. Juney Pollard, Sis Renee Brown, and Sis. Doretha Davis.
The Grace Praise Dancers bring an added joy to our worship experience through their expressive dance to uplifting spiritual music.
Our Sunday School meets on 2nd, 4th, and 5th Sundays at 9:30 a.m. Our study has been a walk through the Bible. Our current study is in the Book of Psalms. Sis. Josephine Manley is Superintendent; Mother JoAnn Gary is Secretary; and Sis. Lauriel Greenwell is Assistant Secretary. In addition to the Superintendent, students also have opportunities to teach the lessons.
The Grace Usher Board is on duty for all worship. They will direct you to your seat, the restrooms, provide you with fans, offering envelopes, announcements, and other handouts. See them for Patron Lists and Pledge Sheets. Officers include: Sis. Winona Horde, President; Sis. Yvonne Rhodes, Vice-President; Sis. Cynthia Williams, Secretary; Sis. Laura Nobles, Treasurer; and Bro. Bobby Thomas, Chaplain.
Join the women of Grace Missionary Baptist Church of East Chicago, Inc. as they grow in the grace and knowledge of the Lord and think through practical applications to everyday life.
The Youth Ministry has been led by a number of members over the years. The current Supervisor is Sis. Carolyn Pollard.